SOME BASIC CONCEPTS OF HUMAN BEHAVIOR author unknown
1. You choose your own behavior.
2. Most people who cling to inappropriate behavior do so because it is familiar to them or it makes them feel safe or they have never questioned it.
3. We have to be aware of our feelings, beliefs, expectations and assumptions if we are to cope with them.
4. What you say to yourself has a powerful influence on your behavioral choices.
5. Everyone is afraid of something.
6. Since we can create our own fears, we can eliminate them.
7. In general, unrealistic fears become obstacles that keep us from becoming what we want to become.
8. One has to risk failure in order to experience success.
9. Failure is never permanent; unless you let it be.
10. Most people love to blame something outside themselves for their problems and shortcomings.
11. Another person cannot make you feel inadequate or of low value unless you give them permission.
12. All of us limit ourselves in some way.
13. We can learn to change our behavior.
14. Trying out new behaviors can be fun.
15. Even the longest journey starts out with one step.
16. Both parties to a relationship must want it to work or it will fail.
17. Team effort depends upon individual effort.